Saturday, January 19, 2008

Date Night Challenge!


Now be honest. When was the last time you had a date night with your husband? Second question.When was the last time you changed your makeup routine? This post will encourage you in both of those areas. Make your husband feel special this month by making a date and remembering your sexy self!

Here's the challenge: Make a January date night with your husband, and wear a new, cute outfit and new make-up routine. I don't go out on dates with my husband with my hair up in a clip haphazardly. I don't wear shapeless shirts or clunky clogs. I already know what you're thinking, "My huband doesn't care if I don't wear any make-up, and he LIKES turtlenecks!" Well, try a new, super-chic outfit and a dramatic make-up for your next date, and get back to me on that. : ) I double-dog DARE you! Our husbands are worth the extra effort!

If your not sure what to wear, I would say move toward a new fitted shirt that shows off your curves and is fitted at the waist. Try something with a little sheerness or sparkle to it! Get something really attractive that you don't wear in Everyday Life. If you find a new pretty shirt that is too revealing for your comfort zone, get a lace-trimmed camisole to wear under it and go forth boldly. Get new, pretty undergarments. If you must wear jeans, put on some slender heels instead of clunky flats. No clunky shoes are allowed on Date Nights!

No clue how to change (or begin) your make-up for a Date Night? Try Sandy's Smoky Eye technique. I was able to do this after watching the video a couple of times, and wore this look to our Date Night last Thurday. This was a real dramatic change for me, because I don't normally wear ANY eyeliner or much in the way of make-up. I think the key to pulling this off is a nude lip and very light cheek, keeping all the focus on the eye. Also, blend, blend, blend!

This video makes it easy to break out a little! If I can do it, so can you. I put a pic of my first attempt at a Smoky Eye look on the About Me pic. It's not something I'd want to wear everyday, but drama IS the point here. Enjoy!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm too chicken to even try that! LOL One day. You'll be the first one I send a picture too.

WTM Peer,
Diane