Friday, January 16, 2009


The Great War: Week 2 - Life in the Trenches


We just finished a great week of schooling. I am so thankful that things are going smoothly around here! Here are some highlights from the second week of our World War I unit study.


  • Write 10 true or false statements from Ch 5-8 on 1/2 size index cards
  • Explore life in a Trench with the websites HERE and HERE.
  • Create a "Life in the Trench" scrapbook page


  • Mini-project choice #1 - Write a newspaper article covering the sinking of the Lusitania.





  • Digging Deeper: Do you think the United States should have joined WW I? Should it have waited so long after the Lusitania was sunk? Write down at least 3 good reasons to support your opinion in your notebook.
Videos:


Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek into our homeschool happenings! I hope your week was blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Miss M!! Excellent!
Stacy :-)

Rhonda said...

Miss M does excellent work. You should be proud. :)

Where do you get your historical maps? I have Uncle Josh's Outline Maps, which is great for current stuff, but not historical.

Anonymous said...

Neat studies. I really will have to refer to your website for ideas as my kids get older.

Thanks for sharing.

Cathy